FANDOM


  • Let's all admit, the Necromancer is the most broken character in the game. His magic is horrible, is what I'm getting at. Buggy, too. They don't seem very 'necromancy' either, I mean, explosions have nothing to do with the undead. Sure, it's a skeleton, but seriously? I think that his magic abilities should be changed to something like this:

    Splash: Sort of the same thing as it is right now, except different mechanics; two waves of hands appear, with a gap in between, then if enemies are hit by the hands, they're knocked into the gap. Sort of a 'Get over here!' or a 'Get away from here!' thing. (The first wave spawns directly in front of the player, the second wave appears farther away.) Any enemy that isn't affected by knockback (bosses, etc) will just take damage from the hands. Any enemy in the gap will continue to take damage.

    Projectile: Summons a random skeletonized (if that's a word) enemy to fight for you for a few seconds. Upgrading magic makes the skeleton last longer and do more damage. Casting again before the effect runs out will make the previous skeleton dissapear and summon a new one. Summoning it in mid-air will make the skeleton do a dive and fly straight for a few seconds, then fall and start to fight, like normal.

    Jump: Sprout wings and fly! For a few seconds. Every magic stat upgrade past this should extend flight time by .5 seconds, and the second it's activated it should have a small splash damage effect (Maybe knocking enemies into the air?). Once the timer has ran out, the player slowly glides down to the ground. Or just falls. Either is fine.

    Well, there are all the good ideas I had at the moment, I may edit a few things here and there. Thanks for reading, please give feedback.

      Loading editor
    • Visual for the splash at about magic lvl 6:

      P: Player

      /: Skeleton Hand Wave

      P///////    ///////

      Enemies hit by the ones closer to the player fly into the space in front of the second, same with the ones hit by the second

      P///////    ///////

                 ^

      Enemies get knocked here

        Loading editor
    • A character that's bad is the inverse of broken. A game breaking character would be like Fencer killing a boss, Ninja breaking through combos in PvP and juggling easier than other characters in campaign, Fire Demon having the same magic as brute and snakey but with fire effects, or iceskimo/blue knight having an overpowered XXXY combo that resets the hit counter and can be used on any normal enemy, even beefies, without ever being hit until the enemy just drops dead.

      On a side note all three of your magic attacks are so different from the other attacks that they don't even follow the same universal mechanics. You also didn't cover a new XXXY combo, but a non-elemental one would work just fine with this setup.

      If Necromancer had magic like this, then Ninja would be able to turn invisible to everything and everyone except the person using him (even his shadow would vanish), Fencer would use magic bombs making him have the best splash AND projectile, and Saracen/Bear would be completely invulnerable while in their tornado and it would no longer be blockable.

      That's pretty much what you're trying to do with necromancer here.

        Loading editor
    • his splash:like the one he has now, but as they go on they get bigger,depending on witch one hits is how high they go.

      projectile:a skull he throws out that is 1.2 slower then normal projectiles ut causes poison.

      air projectile: its diff. he throws down a normal speed skell body.

      magic jump:grave. smaller hitbox then other players.

        Loading editor
    • or maybe his projectile could insta pick up fallen players. still 1.2 slower tho. im sticking with my first idea for now but i'll think.

        Loading editor
    • Going off of Shonoun's idea, if the enemies were bounced back and forth between the hands then that'd be sweet.

        Loading editor
    • yes

        Loading editor
    • Aichomancer wrote:
      Going off of Shonoun's idea, if the enemies were bounced back and forth between the hands then that'd be sweet.

      Yeah, it could prove useful for starting juggles!


      Also, who agrees that the most OP character would have Sawblade splash magic, BOmb porjectiles, "Ice Encasement" XXXY, and Acid cloud magic jump?

        Loading editor
    • I think that the Projectial and Jump are cool, but here is my Idea for the splash attack:

      It is like the one now, with the wave of three hands, but different.

      The hands grab onto ANYTHING that touch them (even while they are still out for a few secs) and pull them into the ground for 1 second (execpt bosses, they just do normal damage to bosses and beefy dudes, as well as mini-bosses, unless it is a boss small as you), and the hands can grab up to 3 enemys. It does +10 damage, but adds a +5 per magic skill added. The hands last 3 secs, but each Magic skill added adds another + 3 secs. Each Magic skill added also does another wave of 3 hands that can grab up to 3 enemies.


      Also, the Elemental Infusion should be "Kill & Reanimate."

      What it does is that it knocks down the foe. Then it poofs into a skeleton and fights for you, acting like the projectile version, only it looks like a resurected version of what you killed. It does normal Elemental Infusion damage to bosses of any kind, even mini-bosses! It also works on trolls, but troll skeletons would be made of sticks. Beefy characters will take 2 hits from this to turn into a resurected skeletal version of themselves. Higher levels, like the projectial, make them do more damage and last longer.


      And lastly, when a skeleton runs out of lifetime and wears out (projectile or elemental infusion, it does not matter), it would EXPLODE (like the original), dealing an AOE of damage to ANY eneymies near it.

        Loading editor
    • The Star's Wrath wrote:
      Aichomancer wrote:
      Going off of Shonoun's idea, if the enemies were bounced back and forth between the hands then that'd be sweet.
      Yeah, it could prove useful for starting juggles!


      Also, who agrees that the most OP character would have Sawblade splash magic, BOmb porjectiles, "Ice Encasement" XXXY, and Acid cloud magic jump?

      I think the ground projectile should be the ice bolt since bombs are most useful in the air and the only reason to use them on the ground is if you're trying to align them for something and only advanced players know how to manipulate the knockback like that anyway. Ice bolts are useful for all players. I also think it should use the ice jump instead of the acid cloud just because that way it would all look nice for color scheme purposes and it limits the elemental diversity down to 2, since bombs are sort of non-elemental ish, making them fit with the saws, and then the rest is ice. Freezing can be more useful than damage over time in some situations as well.

        Loading editor
    • UlyssesK402 wrote:
      I think that the Projectial and Jump are cool, but here is my Idea for the splash attack:

      It is like the one now, with the wave of three hands, but different.

      The hands grab onto ANYTHING that touch them (even while they are still out for a few secs) and pull them into the ground for 1 second (execpt bosses, they just do normal damage to bosses and beefy dudes, as well as mini-bosses, unless it is a boss small as you), and the hands can grab up to 3 enemys. It does +10 damage, but adds a +5 per magic skill added. The hands last 3 secs, but each Magic skill added adds another + 3 secs. Each Magic skill added also does another wave of 3 hands that can grab up to 3 enemies.


      Also, the Elemental Infusion should be "Kill & Reanimate."

      What it does is that it knocks down the foe. Then it poofs into a skeleton and fights for you, acting like the projectile version, only it looks like a resurected version of what you killed. It does normal Elemental Infusion damage to bosses of any kind, even mini-bosses! It also works on trolls, but troll skeletons would be made of sticks. Beefy characters will take 2 hits from this to turn into a resurected skeletal version of themselves. Higher levels, like the projectial, make them do more damage and last longer.


      And lastly, when a skeleton runs out of lifetime and wears out (projectile or elemental infusion, it does not matter), it would EXPLODE (like the original), dealing an AOE of damage to ANY eneymies near it.

      All splash attacks do base magic damage x 0.5 with each hit, except for a few exceptions like saws, lightning, and tornadoes.

      It would be tough to get that XXXY to work since not all bosses work the same with XXXYY; some don't take the extra damage from the infused hit, and on others the drill spin hits once and you bounce backwards off of them like getting shield slammed. The only XXXY combo that currently works on beefies is ice, but even then you have to freeze them with another attack before you start the combo otherwise they'll hit you in the middle of the first attempt. Mini bosses like conehead groom and necromancer would be affected the same as normal enemies, only they would do nothing while transformed, and you can't damage them in the skeletal form since you can't harm your allies.

      I think the XXXY should just have a small burst of bones and orange smoke like his magic jump does and knock the enemies backwards, but not far so you can still do XXXYY on them (speaking of XXXYY, with your idea for his combo, XXXYY would be completely useless for him), and another problem is that all enemies with less than 301-339 HP would be killed instantly before being transformed)

        Loading editor
    • Thomas the Tank MLGine wrote:
      UlyssesK402 wrote:
      I think that the Projectial and Jump are cool, but here is my Idea for the splash attack:

      It is like the one now, with the wave of three hands, but different.

      The hands grab onto ANYTHING that touch them (even while they are still out for a few secs) and pull them into the ground for 1 second (execpt bosses, they just do normal damage to bosses and beefy dudes, as well as mini-bosses, unless it is a boss small as you), and the hands can grab up to 3 enemys. It does +10 damage, but adds a +5 per magic skill added. The hands last 3 secs, but each Magic skill added adds another + 3 secs. Each Magic skill added also does another wave of 3 hands that can grab up to 3 enemies.


      Also, the Elemental Infusion should be "Kill & Reanimate."

      What it does is that it knocks down the foe. Then it poofs into a skeleton and fights for you, acting like the projectile version, only it looks like a resurected version of what you killed. It does normal Elemental Infusion damage to bosses of any kind, even mini-bosses! It also works on trolls, but troll skeletons would be made of sticks. Beefy characters will take 2 hits from this to turn into a resurected skeletal version of themselves. Higher levels, like the projectial, make them do more damage and last longer.


      And lastly, when a skeleton runs out of lifetime and wears out (projectile or elemental infusion, it does not matter), it would EXPLODE (like the original), dealing an AOE of damage to ANY eneymies near it.

      All splash attacks do base magic damage x 0.5 with each hit, except for a few exceptions like saws, lightning, and tornadoes.

      It would be tough to get that XXXY to work since not all bosses work the same with XXXYY; some don't take the extra damage from the infused hit, and on others the drill spin hits once and you bounce backwards off of them like getting shield slammed. The only XXXY combo that currently works on beefies is ice, but even then you have to freeze them with another attack before you start the combo otherwise they'll hit you in the middle of the first attempt. Mini bosses like conehead groom and necromancer would be affected the same as normal enemies, only they would do nothing while transformed, and you can't damage them in the skeletal form since you can't harm your allies.

      I think the XXXY should just have a small burst of bones and orange smoke like his magic jump does and knock the enemies backwards, but not far so you can still do XXXYY on them (speaking of XXXYY, with your idea for his combo, XXXYY would be completely useless for him), and another problem is that all enemies with less than 301-339 HP would be killed instantly before being transformed)

      What I think is that Mini-bosses like Necromancer and Conehead Groom would be Immune to this. And if it does not work on Beefies, then instead Small Enemies that you transform would have a 20% chance to become Beefy. And so, enemies with less then 301-399 HP would be killed instantly before being Transformed? What I think is that enemies with even above would be taken down to 1 and would be invincible for 3 seconds, then they transform into the Skeletal Form and heal back to full HP.


      Not only that, but I think Transformed Skeletons (not summoned from Projectile) still COUNT as what they were before (only that now they are allies and look like a skeletal form) and still have there Previous Magic.


      Like this, you could turn the Troll Mothers babies into your twiggy minions and cause chaos upon the Troll Mother if done right, and you could transform the Necromancers non-skeleton minions into your minions, and if all of them are already transformed/some transformed and the rest died, the next wave would come up or otherwise the Necromancer comes down and challenges YOUR army.


      I still understand how you think about the Splash thing, but even with base damage it could still be powerful as it drags enemies in the ground, once per enemy, for only 3 enemies, for a number of seconds so you don't have to worry about them for too long. However, the necromancer boss could be anoying with this power as well, for when he comes down, he would still be flying and spawning skeletons and dragging you into the ground with Skeleton hands.

        Loading editor
    • Shonoun wrote:
      Let's all admit, the Necromancer is the most broken character in the game. His magic is horrible, is what I'm getting at. Buggy, too. They don't seem very 'necromancy' either, I mean, explosions have nothing to do with the undead. Sure, it's a skeleton, but seriously? I think that his magic abilities should be changed to something like this:

      Splash: Sort of the same thing as it is right now, except different mechanics; two waves of hands appear, with a gap in between, then if enemies are hit by the hands, they're knocked into the gap. Sort of a 'Get over here!' or a 'Get away from here!' thing. (The first wave spawns directly in front of the player, the second wave appears farther away.) Any enemy that isn't affected by knockback (bosses, etc) will just take damage from the hands. Any enemy in the gap will continue to take damage.

      Projectile: Summons a random skeletonized (if that's a word) enemy to fight for you for a few seconds. Upgrading magic makes the skeleton last longer and do more damage. Casting again before the effect runs out will make the previous skeleton dissapear and summon a new one. Summoning it in mid-air will make the skeleton do a dive and fly straight for a few seconds, then fall and start to fight, like normal.

      Jump: Sprout wings and fly! For a few seconds. Every magic stat upgrade past this should extend flight time by .5 seconds, and the second it's activated it should have a small splash damage effect (Maybe knocking enemies into the air?). Once the timer has ran out, the player slowly glides down to the ground. Or just falls. Either is fine.

      Well, there are all the good ideas I had at the moment, I may edit a few things here and there. Thanks for reading, please give feedback.

      I have a better idea for a splash attack. How about it send 3 hands per segment and the hands grab their legs, holding them in place for about 2 or 3 seconds. Also, How about for the magic jump, its like a normal one, but smaller, and you can use it in the air so you have to time your jumps and you can do mulitple like you're flying.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.