Strength is one of the four skills that a character can use in Castle Crashers. At the start, any melee (strength) attack is likely to do approximately 3-5 damage. With each point put into Strength, a bit more damage will be dealt, and new combos will become available. The most attack bonus you can have is 7, Being equiped with a Fishing Spear(Other weapons give +5 like Clunky Mace) and Burly Bear or Snoot.
The following are the attacks a player can perform throughout the game. Increasing your strength level will cause more damage to be dealt with these attacks.
Quick light attackEdit
Heavy attack with spinEdit
- To Perform: While sprinting, press the X button or the Y button. ( + or )
- Effect: Uses the momentum from sprinting to attack There is a heavy and a light version of this attack; X triggers a lunge that knocks opponents back and down, Y causes the character to perform a somersault that launches enemies into the air, adding fall damage to the attack.
- Level Needed: 4
- To Perform: Press the X Button 3 times, and then the Y button. ()
- Effect: A strong combo, with the last attack using your character's element, causing massive damage. With high stats in strength and magic, the last attack can do upwards of 100 damage. The first three attacks are based on strength, while the last hit is based on magic.
- Level Needed: level 15 magic required
Mid-air hovering attackEdit
- To Perform: After jumping into the air using the A button, Press the X button 4 times, followed by the Y button once. This X and Y button combo can then be repeated over and over. (+, ...)
- Effect: Your character will hover in the air, hacking at enemies, then slamming them to the ground. This will repeat endlessly. This is commonly referred to as 'juggling'.
- Level Needed: 50 (although this move can be performed with just jump and Y as early as level 1)
XBOX: X = PS3: Square
XBOX: Y = PS3: Triangle
XBOX: A = PS3: X