Red Knight is pretty red and one of the 31 playable characters in the game Castle Crashers, and one of the four starter knights. His magic powers are Electric-elemental based and his starting weapon is the Mace.
Red Knight's specialties include stunlock crowd control, support, basic boss slaying and crowd clearing.
Red Knight's element is Electricity, which has the ability to stun lesser enemies while dealing constant damage at the same time. His "Thunderbolt" splash attack can stun several enemies at the same time, which makes it very efficient for crowd clearing. However, it is not as effective for finishing enemies, as his magic is the weakest of the four starting knights.
Red Knight also has many difficulties for slaying bosses because bosses won't get stunned by the shocking effect, allowing them to close in on him very quickly, and forcing him to resort on hit-and-run tactics. He is quite optimal for assassinating beefies as they will get stunlocked instead of knocked down, allowing rapid damage output against them. However, one must be aware that beefies can move in between each time they're damaged. To avoid unnecessary damage, the player should stop his attack before they get too close. He's also one of the characters that most suffers when his magic bar has been depleted, leaving him very vulnerable while he waits for his magic to replenish to a decent amount and then be able to use it again to escape from a dangerous situation, however even while using XYY levitation he's still able to be caught by beefies no matter how high you are in the air.
Contrary to popular opinion however, Red Knight isn't all he's cracked out to be. There are several ways to avoid his splash attack, and there's so many chinks in his armor that there's at least one drawback for every advantage he has. On a side note, his "Elemental Infusion" combo has no inherent ability, making him, along with Gray Knight, tied for the weakest Elemental Infusion combo in the game, since both of them deal low damage with no effects.
He is one of the four main King's knights, to whom he serves with loyalty. He will defend the kingdom at all costs, even if it means risking his own life in the process. His magical arts revolve around the ability to control the powers of electricity, an element which can deal constant damage to enemies while stunning them at the same time.
- If Rammy attacks enemies trapped in Lightning Bolt, they will be knocked free from the hold.
- After being poisoned, the electricity attacks will appear green until the effect wears off. However, it has no additional effects, just a different color. This is also the same for getting hit by an explosion, your Lightning Bolt will be colored gray for a bit after the explosion.
- In the startup video, Red Knight is the only one not seen using a weapon.
- While Red Knight's splash is active, another player can use the XXXY combo once without knocking the enemies free.
- Red Knight is a B Rank character (B+).
- Red Knight's Splash Magic shows the bones of the enemies being electrocuted. Also, the Red Knight unlocks the Skeleton, which is coincidental.
- On the Xbox 360, players can dress up their Avatar as the Red Knight by purchasing both the helmet and tunic in the Avatar Store.
- In Back Off Barbarian the Red Knight's mouth is similar to the :3 emote.