This is the Steam Version of the game Castle Crashers.
The Steam Version of Castle Crashers is a beat-em' up game where an Evil Wizard steals a large crystal and kidnaps the four princesses from the castle. He then sends an enormous army of barbarians, thieves and other enemies across the land to stop the Knights in their path. Your mission as the Knights is to travel across the land to retrieve the princesses, the crystal, and stop the Evil Wizard from destroying the land.
Castle Crashers was released on Steam in the year 2012. The Steam Version is far more similar to the PlayStation 3 Version of the game. In the Steam version, only Blacksmith and Pink Knight are DLC Characters, the rest that were DLC on XBLA are unlocked through Insane Mode, and Hatty Hattington is unlocked by either purchasing the games in the "Can't Stop Laughing" game bundle or by purchasing BattleBlock Theater on the same Steam account as Castle Crashers.
- In the Steam version, the Boomerang XP Glitch has been patched.
- The steam version also has a different main menu to the other versions and it says, "We recommend a controller to play!" before the main menu comes on screen.
- The Steam version includes the same features as other Steam games such as
- Forums for discussing the game
- Steam guides written by players
- The ability to take screenshots
- The 2x4 and Rubber-Handled Sword were not removed in this version
- The Remastered Update came out on October 14th, 2015.