Medusa's Lair is the thirtieth Level in Castle Crashers.
At the very beginning of this level, you will be met by a few Fish Men and some Snakeys. Throughout the entire level, you will simply encounter wave after wave of these two enemies. The basic strategy that you should follow is to stay out of the water and take care of the fish first. If you kill all the enemies but one fish, the fish will start jumping up in the air and diving down on you, knocking you down and doing around 45 damage. Make sure to destroy any statues you find along the way as well, as they will all contain food, gold, or weapons.
- Main article: Medusa
Continue fighting your way through more fish and Snakeys, and eventually you'll find Medusa combing her hair. Medusa's not too hard once you find a rhythm. Get right up close to her and hold the block button, this will protect you from the snapping snake on her head. As soon as the snake snaps at you and you block it, perform a combo on her then go back to blocking. Move with your up and down the screen. After every snake snap, go for a combo other attack. Keep your attacks to a short burst and return to blocking to anticipate the next snap. Keep this routine up and Medusa will be as good as dead in no time. After you've killed her, quickly pick up her weapon, the Hole Sword . You only have about 5 seconds to get it before the level ends.
Alternate Method (magic) Edit
You still need to defend against her snake hair. In between snaps, you will have time for two basic magic attacks (RT+Y/ R2+square). This makes her a very easy boss.
- At the very beginning of the temple, you will have to look very carefully to find the small "X" on the ground. It's kind of in front of the giant statues of two fish shaking hands. Dig up the "X" to find the Animal Orb, Chicken.
- When you come to a large ruined wall that has two stairways leading up in the background, dig at the "X" on the ground between the stairs to get the Chewed Up Sword weapon.
- At the aforementioned part with two stairways, two Fish Men come out through each stairway. If you hit the Fish Men before they completely come out, they will be glitched within the confines of the wall. If you do this, you can then easily take out the Snakeys that spawn first, and deal with the glitched Fish Men afterwards.
- Medusa has two shoe racks on walls in her lair
- The water in the lair is green and appears to be a sort of slime or goo