Magic is one of the main ways to battle in Castle Crashers. Though it has limited power at the earlier levels, it can be devastating at later ones.
The highest magic bonus in the game is to use the Black Morning Star or Unicorn Horn, which both deal a +6 magic boost, while using the Beholder Animal Orb, which adds +2 magic boost, yielding a total bonus of +8 magic.
Magical Attacks Edit
Magic is used to perform non-standard attacks. Elemental magics are specialized and more useful on some targets than others. Non-elemental magic is general-purpose and will be equally effective on most every type. The combos are listed below.
- To Perform: Hold the right trigger and press Y or for PS3 Hold R2 and press Triangle.
- Effect : Attack multiple enemies. The higher the magic stat, the more range and damage.
- Magic Level Needed: 0
- To Perform: Press the X button 3 times, then the Y button or for PS3 press Square 3 times then triangle.
- Effect: Melee attack imbued with the power of your character's element. Damage is determined by strength and magic levels.
- Magic Level Needed: 15
Elemental Infusion Level 2
- To Perform: Press the X Button 3 times, then hit the Y Button two times or for PS3 square 3 times then triangle twice.
- Effect: Elemental Infusion with an extra attack at the end.
- Magic Level Needed: 15
- Character Level Needed: 50
Categories of Magic Edit
Type Name Basic attack Explosion /Fire Pillars Projectile attack Fireball Magic jump Fire jump Midair attack Fireball
Type Name Basic attack Falling Icicles Projectile attack Icicle Magic jump Ice Fist Midair attack Falling Icicles
Type Name Basic attack Falling Icicles Projectile attack Snowball Magic jump Snow Jump Midair attack Snowball
Type Name Basic attack Electric Charge Projectile attack Electric Bolt Magic jump Electric Jump Midair attack Electric Bolt
Type Name Basic attack Poison Cloud Projectile attack Concentrated Poison Ball Magic jump Poison Boost Midair attack Concentrated Poison Ball
Type Name Basic attack Oblivion Blast Projectile attack Dark Orb Magic jump Darkness Rise Midair attack Dark Orb
Type Name Basic attack Cyclone Projectile attack Ball of Wind Magic jump Air jump Midair attack Ball of Wind
Type Name Basic attack Desert Cyclone
(Not actually a projectile)
Gust of Wind Magic jump Desert jump Midair attack Desert Cyclone
Type Name Basic attack Thorn Bushes Projectile attack Dagger/Acorn Magic jump Thorn Spring Midair attack Dagger/Acorn
- Gray Knight, Industrialist, Fencer, Ninja, Stove Face, Barbarian, Thief, Conehead, Peasant, Civilian, Alien Hominid, Gray Knight 2,Blacksmith
Type Name Basic attack Falling Weapons/Saw Blades/Laser/Frog Magic Projectile attack Weapon Throw/Buzz Saw/Laser/Flaming Hammer Magic jump Smoke Puff/Steam launch/Tractor Beam/Catapult Midair attack Weapon Throw/Saw Blades/Laser/Flaming Hammer
Characters: Pink Knight
Type Name Basic attack Rainbow Chain Projectile attack Cute Grenade Magic jump Pink Weasel Jump Midair attack Cute Grenade
Type Name Basic attack Heal Projectile attack Gold Knife Magic jump Kingley Jump Midair attack Gold Knife
Type Name Basic attack Gold Whale Carpet Bomb Projectile attack Gem Toss Magic jump White Wings Midair attack Gem Toss
Magic is a very useful skill. Fire and Poison carry a DoT (Damage over Time) aspect that generally allow them to turn up more damage on non-resistance enemies when full damage take effect. Splash Magic hits multiples time, which can be used to quickly defeat Bosses or other enemies that are immune to knock-back. Magic is very powerful, but somewhat less reliable than convential melee.
- Kill the Barbarian Boss using magic jumps only and all princesses will stay put but cannot be freed. Note: don't do this on online matches unless you are Level 256
- A aura will appear around your character when you hold down RT