Lava World is the 18th level in Castle Crashers. The fire demons use magic frequently, which can drain health fast and present a problem for lower-leveled players. Because of the demons, the fact that the level contains two bosses (albeit easy ones) and the overall length of the level, it is considered one of the most challenging levels in the game, along with Marsh, Full Moon, Desert and Necromancer's Room
Throughout the level, avoid getting hit by lava spouts. When Fire Demons attack, there's a chance they will use a Magic projectile, which can be a pain for players as they will shoot again almost the moment the player gets up.
- Wave 1: 3 Fire Demons
- Wave 2: 4 Fire Demons
- Wave 3: 3 Fire Demons
To the right, a large door with a Sandwhich on it is located. Fire Demons approach from the right, a maximum of one at a time. When killed, they will drop 1 Sandwich, allowing players to open the door. These Fire Demons can also be farmed for sandwiches.
- Wave 4: 3 Fire Demons
Next to this Wave is a large welcome sign, marking the entrance to (Or what was) Volcano Town. Inside it contains what used to be huts and civilians, now covered in hardened magma. The Petrified Villagers can be broken to obtain food, which is useful for the upcoming Waves. They can also be broken for Gold.
- Wave 5: 2 Fire Demons
- Wave 6: 3 Fire Demons, 2 approach from the right, and the other from the left
A cutscene in which the Evil Wizard and Necromancer are seen in the background plays. The Evil Wizard is seen riding the Crystal. They leave, then the Necromancer appears on the foreground. Using his powers, he resurrects some of the Petrified Villagers as Skeletons. He then leaves the scene.
- Wave 7: 9 Skeletons
- Wave 8: 5 Fire Demons, the last Fire Demon will drop a Drumstick
- Wave 9: 1 Fire Demon
To the right you'll find a ramp that leads up to higher ground. Be sure to open the treasure chest to the right for a drumstick (+50% HP). Head up the ramp and follow the high ground to the right.
- Wave 10: 3 Fire Demons
- Main article: Volcano
You will eventually face the Volcano mini-boss, which you won't be able to damage at normal size. You will need to eat a sandwich to grow beefy again. Don't worry if you don't have any more on you; Just defeat one of the surrounding fire demons and they will leave you one. Eat a sandwich and attack the volcano. Don't forget that just because you're big, doesn't mean you're invincible. Hammer away on the volcano while avoiding the falling balls of lava. It will probably take you a few sandwiches to kill the creature.
Dragon and Sock PuppetEdit
- Main article: Dragon and Sock Puppet
Continue to the right, where you will find a path that leads back down to lower ground. Bust open the chests here to get some food. Keep going to the right and you'll discover a tall mountain which holds the Ship's Wheel on its top. Unfortunately, a dragon which has a sock puppet on one hand guards this mountain. Don't attempt to enter the door at the top of the path, as the sock covered hand will mash you into the ground. Instead, eat a sandwich and run to the left. Jump into the air and tap / to perform your swinging arm propeller-like move to hit the dragon in the head. Keep this up while doing your best to avoid its fire breath and the bouncing boulders. Eventually, the dragon will be defeated and the Ship's Wheel will be yours. However, sometimes when the boulder hits you, it deals repetitive damage, instantly killing you.
Walk up the path until you are just outside the range of the sock puppet's mash attack. Use your long range magic attack (+ / +). With sufficiently high Agility, arrows (/) may also work. Just make sure the attacks actually do damage. If they pass the dragon's head and go off the edge of the screen, you need to move higher up the path.
If you position yourself perfectly, it is possible to be outside the range of the sock puppet, have the boulders bounce over you every time, and still be high enough to hit the dragon with most of your attacks, allowing you to completely ignore both, dragon and sock puppet.
- Round Mace - Fire Demons in the level can drop this weapon at random
- Skeletor Mace - Skeletons in the level can drop this weapon at random
- There is a technique for fighting the skeletons where, by holding the joystick to the left and using Rammy, you can beat the fight without taking any damage.
- This is the only level where the French Fries, Deviled Egg, Cup of Pudding and Hamburger food items can be found (inside the petrified corpses of the townspeople of Volcano Town).
- The music that plays throughout this level is an edited Vain Star by cycerin.
- The music that plays during the fight against the Volcano is Totally an Active Volcano (Drumlift V2) by The Behemoth.
- The music that plays during the fight against Dragon and Sock Puppet is Second Thoughts by DavidOrr.
- This level is the end of the first half of the game.
- You can fight both the Skeletons and Fire Demons at the same time by using the Levitation Combo to pass through the cutscene where Necromancer summons the skeletons.