King of Castle Crashers
|Unlock Method||Buy King Pack|
|Starting Weapon||King's Mace|
|Basic Magic||King's Healing|
|Projectile Magic||Gold Knife|
|Magic Jump||Kingly Jump|
Ruler of the Castle Crashers world. Also caretaker of the four princesses you are required to save throughout the game. His starting magic power is to heal himself and those in his party 2 damage for Half of The King's Magic Bar at level 1.He is cowardly, as he trembles in fear as the Evil Wizard steals the crystal. However he is quite helpful during the catfish boss, as his actions give you a hint (when he shields himself means that you have to block its punches, and pointing to refer any kind of combat towards the catfish). Players usually don't choose the king as a good character because of his low healing bonus, and is considered weird by many players for the fact that he kisses his own daughters throughout the game. Behemoth has confirmed, however, that the King is not their biological father.
He is the caretaker of the four Princesses, as well as the founder of the Home Castle and keeper of the Crystal. When the Evil Wizard steals the diamond and his Princesses, he sends his four best knights to get the girls and crystal back. After going to war against the Barbarians, he then goes onto his boat (King's boat) and meets up with his knights to fight off the Catfish. Then, after preparation (and letting his knights go forward and slaughter all the enemies first), he initiates a siege on the Groom's Cathedral castle, helping his knights get over there with his siege catapults.
Element: Healing Power
Max Hits: 1 for each player.
Magical cloud shaped balls surround the King from the back as it heals him and his party. (Note) Party must be right next to the king
"Gold Throwing Knife"
Damage: Base Magic Damage
The King throws a golden knife at a target.
Magic power Jump
Damage: Base Magic Damage
A puffy white cloud appears under the King as he jumps.
Released as DLC in the King Pack for Xbox360.
Unlocked in the PS3 version by defeating the giant bat Pipistrello Boss on Insane Difficulty.
- Once the DLC is purchased and downloaded he is already unlocked and playable from the start.
- The King is the only character with the ability to heal.
- If the King is knocked off of his horse in the Flowery Fields level, the player is able to ride it, and the King is not able to get back on.
- There are two ways you can obtain the King's Mace. You can: 1) Allow him to die on the level Flowery Fields on Insane Mode. 2) Have the 2nd player as the King, going to Home Castle, and picking up the Pitchfork on the Haystack, then having 1st Player pick up the King's Mace.
- The arrows from his Bow and Arrow are gold tinted.
- If you play as the king after purchasing the DLC, you'll notice that you can see the king, even though you are the king. Some have suggested that the playable King is the genuine one as the other ones shown during game play are body doubles.
- When battling other players for the kiss of the princess, the king can heal the other players as well.