Fishmen are guards of the Flooded Temple and Medusa's Lair. You find a couple petrified Fishmen in Medusa's Lair, which makes you wonder why they protect her. The petrified Fishmen in the level may be the rebels who questioned her leadership, but it’s all just up to speculation.
Fishmen are one of the few non-playable characters, and only make an appearance for two levels. It is possible that they are related to the big fish.
Fish Men are unlike beefy characters; they can't be knocked down. Instead they act more like Scarabs. Using any Splash Attack that hits multiple times is a good plan; Sawblade magic is ideal since normally they'll only be hit 4 times then jump, but sawblade hits so fast that they have no time to jump in between damage animations, and get hit from 5 to at least 10+ times. The next thing you might want to try is throwing in a couple of juggle combos is also a safe bet. By far the best way, however, is Fire Demon splash attack, which fully upgraded +8 magic at level 90 and on will do 53 damage per hit four times in a row, for a total of 212 damage, which is the same amount as a non-elemental XXXY combo at the same level using the snakey Staff, which otherwise the non-elemental XXXY combo is the single most powerful attack in terms of raw damage output. With the same setup, a Fireball will do 105 damage, or 420 after 4 hits.
Fish Men have three moves: blowing bubbles, which does about five damage; a standard spear stab, which does about 30 to 40 damage; and a diving stab, which does about 43 damage. Fish Men also tend to jump after being hit 5 or so times, you can't damage them while they are jumping. When fighting Fish Men in groups, if one of them is the last enemy alive, he will use the diving stab attack until he is dead. So it is best to kill these off first, if possible.
- When defeated,Fishmen turn into fish fillets,complete with a slice of lemon and a napkin.Their sails turn into a napkin,their eyes turn into lemons and the spears they're holding stabs the fillet in the center
- Fishmen don’t drop any food, weapons, or gold.
- The Fishmen bubble attack will produce a poison animation but not a poison effect.
- The Fishman will only attack with a diving stab only if it's the last enemy on the screen.
- Fishmen wield a Broad Spear similar in appearance to what the Orange Knight wields in the start up movie.
- A petrified fishman will drop the Broad Spear.
- Another petrified Fishman always drops a turkey leg wich is very helpful for insane mode.
- Some people thought beating this game as the Yellow Knight, which was a beta version of the Orange Knight, would unlock the Fishman.
- In Medusa's Lair, you can see a snake shaking hands with a Fishman as a sign of peace and harmony between snakes and Fishmen.
- In the Medusa's Lair, there are 2 places where you can dig. You can take Pazzo with you to help find them, but he isn’t neccasary (Please factcheck). Digspot 1 yields you the Chicken animal orb, and the second digspot will get you the Chewed Up Sword/Square Edged Buster.
- The Big fish and the Fishman may be related. The Big Fish may be the Beefy version of the Fiahman, perhaps the one responsible for this may be the Evil Wizard just as he turned the Skeletons in the Marsh level beefy.