Fish men are one of the few non-playable enemies , and they only make an appearance for two levels. It is possible they are related to the Big Fish.
Fish Men are unlike beefy characters; they can't be knocked down. Instead they act more like Scarabs. Using any Splash Attack that hits multiple times is a good plan; Sawblade magic is ideal since normally they'll only be hit 4 times then jump, but sawblade hits so fast that they have no time to jump in between damage animations, and get hit from 5 to at least 10+ times. The next Throwing in a couple of juggle combos is also a safe bet. By far the best way, however, is Fire Demon's splash attack, which fully upgraded +8 magic at level 90 and on will do 53 damage per hit four times in a row, for a total of 212 damage, which is the same amount as a non-elemental XXXY combo at the same level using the snakey staff, which otherwise the non-elemental XXXY combo is the single most powerful attack in terms of raw damage output. With the same setup, a Fireball will do 105 damage, or 420 after 4 hits.
Fish Men have three moves: blowing bubbles, which does about five damage; a standard spear stab, which does about 30 to 40 damage; and a diving stab, which does about 43 damage. Fish Men also tend to jump after being hit 5 or so times, you can't damage them while they are jumping. When fighting Fish Men in groups, if one of them is the last enemy alive, he will use the diving stab attack until he is dead. So it is best to kill these off first, if possible.
- Upon being defeated, Fish Men turn into a fish fillet, complete with a slice of lemon and a napkin. Their sail turns into a napkin, their eyes turn into lemons, and the spear they hold stabs the fillet in the center.
- Fish Men are not known to drop any food, items, or gold.
- The Fish Men's bubble attack will produce a poison animation but not a poison effect.
- A Fish Man will only attack with a Diving Stab if it is the last enemy on screen.
- Fish Men wield a Broad Spear similar in appearance to the one Orange Knight wields in the start-up movie.
- A petrified Fish Man will drop the Broad Spear.
- Another petrified Fish Man always drops a Turkey Leg, which is very helpful for Insane Mode.
- Some People thought beating the game as Yellow Knight which was a beta version of Orange Knight would unlock this.