The final door and the final boss. In this first stage, you have to destroy four crystals that are flying after you. Just dodge them and then attack when they're stuck in the ground. This should be fast and easy.
Now the Evil Wizard will be walking around in a bubble and throwing magic your way. While his bubble is blue you can only damage him effectively with magic. In this stage, he'll be using single magic "bullets". Once his bubble is red, it's time for melee (arrows and tornado magic will also work) and he'll be using his splash attack. He's rather fast, so if you have low agility, either suck it or upgrade your stats more wisely with your next character.
Once this health bar reaches zero he'll blow up into a balloon and float around launching magic downwards. Just use your air juggle attacks to stay up there with him and you should have him beat in a breeze. Down comes the boss chest, open it.
And here he is in another incarnation, a spider of sorts in a dark room. He'll spawn the soldiers you've come to hate from the beginning of the castle. If you stay up top to deal damage when you can, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. He will side swipe your way constantly, so it's an attack and dodge strategy. If you jump and throw magic his way, you can stay at range while dealing decent damage, though it is recommended to go in for quick melee unless you need to guard your health.
The floating balloon once more.
The fight transitions and the Evil Wizard picks up a powerful sword that can deal fire damage, so be sure to try and avoid what you can. He'll launch across the screen in air somersaults. This usually happens one way then the other. Since he's still fast, it's a good idea to move to where he will approximately end up and attack him once he lands, but he can also be hit with magic while he's doing this. He'll also do a ground fire attack as well as jump up and hail down four fireballs. Move quickly when either of this happens. When he hails down fireballs, try moving towards him, since this is your best chance to strike. He seems weak to melee attacks and the Double Jump Combo (A+A) usually works best. He will very seldom strike you directly if it at all. Once you beat him the stage will collapse and you'll start falling downwards. You can steer yourself, just make sure you land on the big crystal. Once that happens the game takes over, you catch the princess and the credits play.
Insane Mode Edit
Not much has changed outside of higher damage output from the Evil Wizard. Phase 1 (4 red crystals) is still rather easy. Phase 2 is one of the most challenging phases due to how much damage the wizard dishes out while in his blue shield and miscalculation of the timing of you spamming your magic on the blue shield can easily kill you as soon the wizard switches to the red shield. Phase 3 is pathetically still easy, just jump and spam X or just do the lightweight juggle as you would while steering towards Evil Wizard's predictable movement. Phase 4 is also easy, assuming you can again, lightweight juggle onto the spider. Phase 5 is a blatant copy of Phase 3, not much to worry about here. Phase 6 is the only other somewhat challenging phase like phase 2 was. Here, you can magic jump and slash at the wizard while he's using his meteor summoning move and splash the wizard when he's doing the cartwheel or flame burst moves.
- Demon Sword - Once you beat the Evil Wizard, he will drop the Demon Sword. Move to it quickly and pick it up. If you are unable to pick it up within a few seconds, you will have to repeat the level in order to obtain it.
- Glowstick - Cult Minions spawned by the Evil Wizard's Spider Form in Phase 4 have a chance to drop this weapon.
- Evil Wizard's Spider Form on Insane Mode has strangely the same exact health as in Normal Mode (Xbox Live Arcade, PC, PS3 only)
- You can get your white or gold skull after you've successfully gotten on the crystal and into the end credits part; to which, you can simply just exit to map. A good way to tell how this works is by doing it with a character that unlocks another one through completing the game.
- If you immediately move towards the bottom of the platform after moving up on the elevator-like platform during Phase 1, when the red crystals start to home in and attack the player(s), the players will be immune to this attack and can take advantage of this by dishing out massive amounts of damage on the crystals.
- Sometimes a glitch occurs on multiplayer where the game lags and you will not be able to obtain the Demon Sword.
- An odd glitch can occur when the Evil Wizard's Spider Form (Phase 4) dies in the very center of the stage, the Balloon Form (Phase 5) will not move around the screen in circles, but rather stay floating in the center of the screen.