A Combo is a special attack that is performed by pressing a number of buttons rapidly in a certain sequence. Combos are usually more damaging than regular attacks.
List of CombosEdit
[Note: These combos are actually how many times you need to hit the enemy not necessarily how many times you press the buttons. For instance, with the XXXYY combo you can actually rapidly hit the light attack button (X) 4 to 5 times in the time it takes to do 3 animations, so actually performing 3 consecutive light hit animations is what you need before you should start hitting the heavy attack button (Y).]
- Main article: Strength
- To Perform: Press () and a direction () while standing next to an enemy.
- Effect: Enemy is thrown in the desired direction, causing damage.
- Level Needed: None
- Note: If you are very fast, you can permanently throw enemies either by slamming them into the ground over and over, or throwing them upwards over and over.
Quick light attackEdit
Heavy attack with spinEdit
Infinite hovering attackEdit
- To Perform: After jumping into the air using the A button, Press the X button 4 times, followed by the Y button once. This X and Y button combo can then be repeated over and over. (+, ...) Depending on the time between when you jump and score the first hit, you may only be able to hit 3 times with before needing to use to bounce back up, or you might be able to score 5 hits before using to slam-bounce.
- Effect: Your character will hover in the air, hacking at enemies, then slamming them to the ground. This will repeat over and over.
- Level Needed: None (Can be done at Level 1 if you use it on an enemy at the edge of the screen, higher levels with some points spent in agility are needed to use it effectively.)
- To Perform: While moving, press the X button or the Y button. However, you must build up speed for about one second. You should be able to notice the speed increase when it is ready, but if you don't there is a dust cloud size increase or a larger footprint and they will both be spaced farther apart when it is ready as well. ( + or )
- Effect: When pressing X, the character will lunge his sword straight at the enemy(s), dealing rapid damage. When pressing Y, the character will do a forward spin at the enemy(s), still doing rapid damage, quickly recovering and getting back up after.
- Level Needed: 4
Slashing Headbutt ComboEdit
Magical Combos Edit
- Main article: Magic
This is a list of all of the standard magical attacks that each playable character has. Note that all level requirements are in terms of magic, for example an attack requiring a level of 20 needs 20 out of 25 bars filled in the magic skill.
- To Perform: while in the air, press the Y Button while holding the right trigger. ([while airborne] +) Note that the Y button can be pressed repeatedly for rapid projectiles, but is not required to execute the combo.
- Effect: Projectiles shot out of the sky downwards farly close in distance to you. You can instead press B while airborne, but it will cause the projectile to shoot straight and is not a legitimate combo. Every time you shoot a projectile, you will be knocked back and your character will attempt to do a somersault so he can land, but this does not affect gameplay in any way, for it can be interrupted by another projectile.
- Magic Level Needed: 10
- To Perform: Press the X button 3 times, then the Y button one time. (,,,)
- Effect: The attack will be infused with elemental power, such as poison or fire (depending on the character) dealing extra damage. The amount of damage is affected by your strength level, your magic level, and the enemy(s) elemental resistance.
- Magic Level Needed: 15
Infinite hovering attack