|Castle Crashers Remastered|
|Platform(s)|| Xbox One|
|Designers||Tom Fulp and Dan Paladin|
|Release Date|| September 9th, 2015 (Xbox One)
October 14th, 2015 (Steam)
|Genre||Beat 'Em Up|
Castle Crashers Remastered is a remade version of the game Castle Crashers that is available for Xbox One and an update for the Steam version. It is currently still unknown if this game will ever be released on the Playstation 4.
Castle Crashers Remastered is a remastered version of the game Castle Crashers. Castle Crashers is a beat-em' up game where an Evil Wizard steals a large crystal and kidnaps the four princesses from the castle. He then sends an enormous army of barbarians, thieves and other enemies across the land to stop the Knights in their path. Your mission as the Knights is to travel across the land to retrieve the princesses, the crystal, and stop the Evil Wizard from destroying the land.
Castle Crashers Remastered will have several differences from the original. This includes 5x increase in texture sizes, uncapped framerate (60 FPS), various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer, as well as a new minigame called Back Off Barbarian.
- On June 15, 2015, Castle Crashers Remastered was officially announced .
- On the same day, the trailer was released on The Behemoth's official Youtube Channel.
- On August 7th, 2015, at RTX 2015, Castle Crashers Remastered was open for visitors to try.
- On September 4th, 2015, the game's release date was officially announced.
- On September 9th, 2015, the game was released for Xbox One.
- On September 14th, 2015, the game was announced for Steam as a free update.
- On October 5th, 2015, an update was released.
- On October 14th, 2015 the update was released for Steam.
- Texture sizes increased by 500%.
- Improved matchmaking.
- Improved multiplayer servers.
- Game runs at 60 FPS.
- Improved overall performance universally, resulting in less bugs and crashes.
- Pink Knight and Blacksmith will now be starting characters (Xbox One).
- Hatty Hattington is purchasable in the Insane Store (Xbox One)
- Fixed various bugs in Blacksmith's magic.
- Former DLC weapons are now available in stores on Insane mode.
- Weapons in the Weapons Frog have been reorganized based on level from lowest to highest.
- Changed most of weapon statistics.
- Changed the Snakey Staff's appearance when held to match itself in the Weapons Frog.
- Buffed Snoot's effect from +2 Strength to +4 Strength.
- Buffed Burly Bear's effect from +2 Strength to +3 Strength and +1 Defense.
- Buffed Beholder's effect from +2 Magic to +4 Magic.
- Buffed Spiny's effect from +2 Defense to +4 Defense.
- Buffed Meowburt's effect from +3 Agility to +4 Agility.
- Buffed Scratchpaw's effect from +1 Strength and +2 Agility to +2 Strength and +2 Agility.
These are third party rumors started mostly by players or misinformed sources that have been proven false by both players as well as the Developers themselves.
- Buffed magic for Barbarian and Necromancer.
- Nerfed splash attack for Industrialist and Fencer.
- Changed heavy attack for Green Knight.
- Gold is no longer shared between characters.
- Insane Store introduced.
- Open-Faced Gray Knight, King, Necromancer, and Cult Minion are no longer DLC and can only be unlocked by beating the insane mode levels Catfish, Pipistrello's Cave, Industrial Castle, and Ice Castle, respectively.
- Alien is now unlocked by beating the Alien Ship level.