Bosses are the final challenge in almost every level. There are some minor bosses (also known as Mini Bosses) who are fought midway through a level, with a harder boss waiting at the end. Certain bosses may appear multiple times in a level or reappear as a normal enemy in a later level.
List of Bosses and their locationsEdit
- Barbarian Boss — Barbarian Boss
- Troll Mother — Thieves' Forest, Marsh (Counted as an enemy instead)
- Catfish — Catfish
- Pipistrello — Pipistrello's Cave
- Conehead Groom (Considered to be the hardest boss or at least the 2nd hardest boss in all of Castle Crashers) — Wedding Crash
- Giant Troll — Parade
- Cyclops — Cyclops' Fortress
- Industrial Machine — Industrial Castle
- Dragon and Sock Puppet — Lava World
- Corn Boss — Corn Boss
- Medusa — Medusa's Lair
- Frost King — Ice Castle
- Evil Wizard — Final Battle
List of Minor Bosses and their locations Edit
- War Machine — Barbarian War
- Bear Boss — Tall Grass Field
- Volcano — Lava World (Only boss that can be only killed with Sandwiches)
- Alien Ship — Desert
- Painter — Wizard Castle Interior (Only boss to drop Health Potions)
- Undead Cyclops — Wizard Castle Interior
- Necromancer — Wizard Castle Interior (Penultimate boss and is considered to be the hardest boss in all of Castle Crashers)
- Crystal Shards — Final Battle
Boss Slayers Edit
Boss Slayers are playable characters that have the ability to kill any boss baring the Troll Mother, Bear Boss, Conehead Groom (1 exception), Giant Troll, Volcano, Dragon and Sock Puppet (1 exception), Corn Boss, and Necromancer (1 exception) extremely quickly or at the very least at a tolerable rate.
Here are the following boss slayers:
- Fire Demon
- Red Knight (very loosely, but he kills the Conehead Groom and Necromancer quicker than any other boss slayer; warranting his spot here)
- Killer Beekeeper (kills the Dragon and Sock Puppet and the Alien Ships quicker than any of these boss slayers)
- Cult Minion
- Green Knight (very damaging to Conehead Groom due to Poison DoT and the Magic Projectile or Air Projectile deals a decent chunk at his health; pretty basic boss slayer anywhere else)
Pseudo-boss slayers Edit
Pseudo-boss slayers are playable characters that have the ability to kill any boss baring the Troll Mother, Bear Boss, Conehead Groom, Giant Troll, Volcano, Dragon and Sock Puppet, Corn Boss, and Necromancer at an uncomfortably slow rate, but can still kill bosses.
Here are the following pseudo-boss slayers:
- Orange Knight
- Stove Face
- Open Faced Gray Knight
- Royal Guard
- Gray Knight
Anyone else beyond these characters have such expensive or rather horrible Splash Attacks and are mostly confined to Magic Projectile, Air Projectile, and Bow and Arrow spam; this is slightly remedied with the Drill Spin Combo.
- There are a total of 21 bosses to fight in all versions of Castle Crashers.
- Evil Wizard has the most phases out of every boss in the entire game with 5 (6 if counting the Crystal Shards)
- Volcano is the only boss in the entire game that requires an item in order to kill it.
- The following bosses, when if killed, will give you the following Princesses and if playing in co-op, the players will have to duel until there is one person standing to receive a kiss from the princesses.
- Pipistrello deals the highest damage out of all the bosses in the entire game with 999 damage dealt on Insane Mode; enough to kill anyone below 1,000+ HP.