|Sold in Stores?||No|
The Boomerang is a weapon and a tool given to the player by the Cardinal animal orb during the Thieves' Forest level. It is hidden behind the bushes, where the defecating owl is found perching on a tree branch. Equip Cardinal and he'll pick up the Boomerang for you. The Boomerang is used mostly to break through barriers such as doors or icicles, however, it can also be used to stun enemies and deal small amounts of damage to non-flinching enemies (like bosses). This weapon has unlimited uses, and if unlocked on one character, all others may use it as well. It is not vital to complete the main story.
- Before the title update, the Boomerang was commonly used by players to gain massive amounts of XP by fighting either Pipistrello or the Catfish. It can also be used to gain massive XP on the first Antlion and on the Industrial Machine even after the title update. Even though it stuns enemies, it doesn't deal any damage.
- You can stun foes mid-air and make them float. It can be down easily with the X Y (square, triangle) combo, then throwing it fast, but it is also easy too do with bees as they fly down.
- Taking it out mid-jump let's you go slightly further then normal.
- Break through doors.
- Stun enemies for a brief period of time (good for setting up combos).
- Deal minuscule amounts of damage to non-flinching enemies.
- Retrieve items like gold and fruit, as long as they are within range.
- The XP glitch, after clearing the update from the console.
- If you hold down the button, the Boomerang will charge up, letting you throw it further.
- Can collect a weapon in the range.
- This weapon is possibly a reference to The Legend of Zelda series, for in certain games in that franchise, the Boomerang is an optional weapon that merely stuns enemies and allows Link to retrieve distant items, while in others it can have many other uses.
- The boomerang can be thrown quite far. However, this is strange, as the traditional design is much less efficient than many other designs.
- The boomerang concept is reused in The Behemoth's other game, Battleblock Theater, with similar abilities as they can both collect items, and stun enemies.
- You can stun foes in the air.